We know that your privacy is very important to you, therefore we aim to be as clear as possible about how and why we use the personal information you provide either:
- Via the website
- In response to a vacancy posted by us or an agency
- Via links from marketing information received via email, Zoom or LinkedIn, including newsletter and industry reports/ guides emails.
Compliance with UK Data Protection laws such as the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003; and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a key element of our working practices. We have a set of principles which govern how we use the personal information that we collect about you. These principles are:
- We will only process your personal data where: you have given us consent to do so, your contact information has been obtained from the public domain, we require to process the information to meet our legal obligations or we need your contact details to administer the services you have signed up to.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies, secure working practices and technical measures.
- We do not sell on your personal data.
- Any third parties we utilise in the provision of the processing of your personal data will be subject to contract, which will include appropriate data protection clauses and security measures.
Personal data we collect about you
If you are a potential or active client, we will process your name, contact details, job title, company and other information publicly available (e.g. your LinkedIn profile).
Marketing will only be conducted via email, where you have either given consent by signing up to attend one of our events, subscribing to receive information on our events, products and services and news or your contact information has been obtained from the public domain, such as LinkedIn. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘opt out’ link within a previous marketing email or by completing the form under ‘Contact us’ and asking to be removed from the mailing list.
Where you apply for a job opening, we will collect and process the information you provide to enable us to consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied, consider your application in respect of other roles and to communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
Who has access to your personal information
The personal information we process about you will be used within Sequoia/Woods Valldata only. Exactly who sees your personal information depends on the context in which you provided it.
Location of data and systems
- Our website is hosted within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Our CRM system for administering potential or active clients is hosted in the EEA and US.
- Any information sent into our HR team is processed by our UK Teams on systems within the UK and EEA.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How long we keep your personal information depends on the context in which it was collected, in summary:
- For marketing purposes, we will only keep your full contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information.
- Queries raised via the website will be kept for 12 months after the query has been satisfactory dealt with.
- Personal information of unsuccessful candidates will be retained for a maximum of 6 months.
- Personal information of successful candidates will be retained in-line with our Staff Privacy Notice, this is provided as part of the offer pack.
- Cookies – please refer to our cookies policy.
Keeping your personal information secure
We take the security of personal data seriously and are certified to ISO 27001:2013, compliant to PCI DSS. Compliance to these standards, all of which are externally validated, ensure we’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed as 100% secure.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
As a data subject you have specific rights relating to the processing of your personal data, such as:
- A right of access to your data
- A right to rectification or erasure of your data
- A right to restrict or prevent processing of your data
- A right to be forgotten
- A right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like more details on how we process your personal data or wish to exercise your subject rights then please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or at the following address:
Writing to The Data Protection Officer, Sequoia, Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham SN14 6NG.
On-line via our ‘Contact us’ form.
Note: before any personal data can be released, the Data Protection Officer will need to verify your identify.
Please use the ‘Contact us’ form for all other requests.
Any concerns relating to how we handle your data should be raised with the Data Protection Officer; however, if you are not happy with our response you also have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioners’ Office.
Updated: 13th April 2023